Drivers for Change: lighting for people, planet and prosperity
Time & Location
About the Event
What is it?
A rare debate between business leaders from across the value chain for lighting. We will talk about the tension between capital and operational budgets - and social and environmental targets. We will also ask what will it take to drive change - good for people, planet and profit. This is part of the Luna Pro project, making the business case for healthy lighting.
Who it's for
Professionals from across the lighting value chain: design and engineering, procurement and facilities management. manufacture, construction and maintenance.
Round table and debate, chaired by John Bullock:
- what are the current incentives driving purchasing choices?
- how would incentives need to change to improve quality and cut environmental impact?
- what are the opportunities - and what's next?
- Graham Edgell, Director of Sustainability and Procurement, Morgan Sindall Group
- David Geddes, Director, C20 Target
- Florence Lam CEng FIET CIBSE FSLL, Arup Fellow and Global Lighting Design Director, Arup
- Phil Marsden, Project Director, Muse Developments
- Mark Ridler, Head of Lighting, BDP and co-founder, Green Light Alliance
- Gayathri Unnikrishnan, Vice President, Lighting Standard Development, International WELL Building Institute
- Simon Wyatt, Director, Sustainability, Cundall